- Opportunities Identified that Reduce Breast Cancer Screening Patient Burden
- Certain Birth Control Pills May Increase Cancer Risk
- Writing May Help Cancer Survivors
- New Method May Allow Breast Cancer Drug to Be Given Through Skin
- Findings Raise Hope of Preventing Breast Cancer with Statins
- Avoiding a Second Biopsy for Breast Cancer Patients
- African American Women with Breast Cancer Less Likely to Have Newer, Recommended Surgical Procedure
- Diabetes Drug May Also Protect Against Breast Cancer
- Most Women Who Have Double Mastectomy Don’t Need It
- Sleep Efficiency Increases Breast Cancer Survival Rates
More HIV News
No Detectable HIV Left in Patient After Bone Marrow Transplant and Antivirals
Anti-retroviral drugs, together with a bone marrow transplant seem to have completely eliminated HIV...
- Posted July 27, 2012
Drug Regimen Being Tested For HIV Infection Prevention
A drug called maraviroc is part of current treatments for HIV infection, and researchers...
- Posted July 24, 2012
Identifying HIV Patients with Risky Behavior Essential to Prevent Spread of Virus
A one-size-fits-all approach is not sufficient to stem the spread of HIV, according to...
- Posted July 16, 2012
Patients With Multiple HIV Infections May Be Widespread
Being infected with multiple forms of HIV is called superinfection, and complicates treatment. A...
- Posted June 7, 2012
Changing Immune System Gives Insights into HIV Infection
Research in a monkey model of HIV infection has shown that the immune system...
- Posted May 30, 2012
Anti-HIV Stem Cells Tested as Treatment in Mouse Models
In a new approach to the treatment of HIV, researchers have tested transplants of...
- Posted May 4, 2012
HIV Not Treated Effectively in the Homeless
Progress in the treatment of HIV has flourished in the last few decades, with...
- Posted April 27, 2012
Drug Brings HIV Out of Hiding in Immune Cells
One reason why HIV is difficult to cure is because the virus hides in...
- Posted March 9, 2012
Vaccinating Immune Cells Directly Can Help Ward Off HIV Infection
A technique involving isolating a patient’s own immune cells, boosting them with a vaccine,...
- Posted February 14, 2012
Studies of Immune System and HIV Reveals Mechanism Cells Use to Fight Virus
A new study in a top scientific journal reveals a key way our immune...
- Posted February 13, 2012