- Certain Birth Control Pills May Increase Cancer Risk
- Writing May Help Cancer Survivors
- New Method May Allow Breast Cancer Drug to Be Given Through Skin
- Findings Raise Hope of Preventing Breast Cancer with Statins
- Avoiding a Second Biopsy for Breast Cancer Patients
- African American Women with Breast Cancer Less Likely to Have Newer, Recommended Surgical Procedure
- Diabetes Drug May Also Protect Against Breast Cancer
- Most Women Who Have Double Mastectomy Don’t Need It
- Sleep Efficiency Increases Breast Cancer Survival Rates
- False-Positive Mammograms Lead to Willingness for Future Screening
All posts tagged "Apolipoprotein E"
Gene Variants Linked to Alzheimer’s Disease
Mutations in the gene that codes for apolipoprotein E are linked to Alzheimer’s disease. New research suggests that a group of other genes can also contribute to developing sporadic forms of the disease. One of our genes...
- Posted December 23, 2011
Alzheimer’s Risk Gene Causes Changes in Shapes of Brain Protein Deposits
Researchers have used a newly discovered class of biomarkers to investigate the possibility that the shape of brain protein deposits is different in people with Alzheimer’s who have the highest-risk gene type than in those with the...
- Posted July 14, 2010