- Certain Birth Control Pills May Increase Cancer Risk
- Writing May Help Cancer Survivors
- New Method May Allow Breast Cancer Drug to Be Given Through Skin
- Findings Raise Hope of Preventing Breast Cancer with Statins
- Avoiding a Second Biopsy for Breast Cancer Patients
- African American Women with Breast Cancer Less Likely to Have Newer, Recommended Surgical Procedure
- Diabetes Drug May Also Protect Against Breast Cancer
- Most Women Who Have Double Mastectomy Don’t Need It
- Sleep Efficiency Increases Breast Cancer Survival Rates
- False-Positive Mammograms Lead to Willingness for Future Screening
All posts tagged "blood clots"
Stroke Patients Quickly Given Clot-Busting Drugs Have Better Outcomes
Quick delivery of drugs to break down blood clots is key to improved outcomes, a new study suggests. Researchers following thousands of stroke patients have found that immediate treatment is linked to better long-term recovery, and the...
- Posted June 21, 2013
Seven Lifestyle Factors Can Reduce the Risk of Developing Blood Clots
The formation of blood clots in the body can be lethal, but a number of lifestyle factors can significantly reduce the risk. Researchers have found that factors such as diet, exercise, smoking, and blood pressure have a...
- Posted May 3, 2013
New Surgical and Drug Approach for Removing Blood Clots in the Brain
Removing blood clots from the brain, where they cause strokes, is a delicate business. Researchers have now developed a new treatment to dissolve clots, using surgery to apply new drug close to the clot. Patients undergoing the...
- Posted June 6, 2011
Visualizing Blood Clots with Nanoparticles May Help Heart Attack Patients
Finding out where a blood clot is in the body or the precise location of weakened heart vessels is now within reach, thanks to nanotechnology. Researchers have developed tiny nanoparticles, visible with a CT scan, that stick...
- Posted February 2, 2011
Clot Vacuum Cleaner That Sucks Out Stroke Producing Blockages
A clot vacuum cleaner that sucks out stroke-producing blockages from blood vessels in the brain sounds like science fiction. But 27 Calgary patients who were rescued from massive strokes know the endovascular procedure is for real, Dr....
- Posted June 9, 2010