- Follow Up for Breast Cancer Patients
- Helping Breast Cancer Patients Adhere to Hormone Therapy
- Opportunities Identified that Reduce Breast Cancer Screening Patient Burden
- Certain Birth Control Pills May Increase Cancer Risk
- Writing May Help Cancer Survivors
- New Method May Allow Breast Cancer Drug to Be Given Through Skin
- Findings Raise Hope of Preventing Breast Cancer with Statins
- Avoiding a Second Biopsy for Breast Cancer Patients
- African American Women with Breast Cancer Less Likely to Have Newer, Recommended Surgical Procedure
- Diabetes Drug May Also Protect Against Breast Cancer
All posts tagged "blood clots"
Blood Clot Treatment Effectiveness Compared in Study
In an analysis of the results of nearly 50 randomized trials that examined treatments of venous thromboembolisms (blood clot in a vein), when compared with the low-molecular-weight heparin-vitamin K antagonist combination, there were no significant differences in...
- Posted September 22, 2014
Stroke Patients Quickly Given Clot-Busting Drugs Have Better Outcomes
Quick delivery of drugs to break down blood clots is key to improved outcomes, a new study suggests. Researchers following thousands of stroke patients have found that immediate treatment is linked to better long-term recovery, and the...
- Posted June 21, 2013
Seven Lifestyle Factors Can Reduce the Risk of Developing Blood Clots
The formation of blood clots in the body can be lethal, but a number of lifestyle factors can significantly reduce the risk. Researchers have found that factors such as diet, exercise, smoking, and blood pressure have a...
- Posted May 3, 2013
New Surgical and Drug Approach for Removing Blood Clots in the Brain
Removing blood clots from the brain, where they cause strokes, is a delicate business. Researchers have now developed a new treatment to dissolve clots, using surgery to apply new drug close to the clot. Patients undergoing the...
- Posted June 6, 2011
Visualizing Blood Clots with Nanoparticles May Help Heart Attack Patients
Finding out where a blood clot is in the body or the precise location of weakened heart vessels is now within reach, thanks to nanotechnology. Researchers have developed tiny nanoparticles, visible with a CT scan, that stick...
- Posted February 2, 2011
Clot Vacuum Cleaner That Sucks Out Stroke Producing Blockages
A clot vacuum cleaner that sucks out stroke-producing blockages from blood vessels in the brain sounds like science fiction. But 27 Calgary patients who were rescued from massive strokes know the endovascular procedure is for real, Dr....
- Posted June 9, 2010