- Understanding the Link Between Phthlate Exposure and Breast Cancer Risk
- Young Women with Breast Cancer Have Unique Needs
- Texts Boost Breast Cancer Screening Numbers
- Promoting Effective Communication About Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis
- Patient Leaflets Don’t Affect Interest in Mammogram Screening
- Genetic Anomalies Linked to Breast Cancer in African American Families
- FDA Approves New Drug for Patients with Advanced Breast Cancer
- Women with Atypical Hyperplasia Have a Higher Risk of Breast Cancer
- Mastectomy Patients Most Satisfied with Breast Reconstruction Using Their Own Tissues
- Follow Up for Breast Cancer Patients
All posts tagged "body fat"
Researchers Discover Brown Fat Protects Against Diabetes and Obesity
When you step on the scale, remember that all fat is not created equally. Researchers at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston have shown for the first time that people with higher levels of brown...
- Posted July 29, 2014
Abdominal Fat, Lower Body Fat Affects Metabolic Disease Risk Differently
Using ice cream, candy bars and energy drinks to help volunteers gain weight, researchers have discovered the mechanisms of how body fat grows. Increased abdominal fat seems to heighten risk for metabolic disease, while fat expansion in...
- Posted October 5, 2010
Excessive TV, Video and Computer Linked To Increased Body Fat in Teens
Too much television, video games and Internet can increase body fat in teens. A five-year study has found teenagers have four different patterns of screen use: increasers, decreasers, consistently high and consistently low users. Even teens from...
- Posted September 21, 2010
The Body Mass Index or BMI calculator is a measure of body fat based on height and weight that applies to both adult men and women. Calculate
- Posted April 24, 2010
Childhood Obesity Associated With Stiff Arteries
Children with more body fat and less endurance than their fitter, leaner counterparts have stiffer arteries at a young age, researchers say. Stiff arteries are a hallmark of atherosclerosis, a typically adult condition in which blood vessels...
- Posted April 12, 2010
CLA Could Aid Weight Loss in Women with Type 2 Diabetes
Weight loss can improve glucose control in persons with type 2 diabetes. The effects of fat quality, as opposed to quantity, on weight loss are not well understood. A study comparing how two common dietary oil supplements...
- Posted July 21, 2009