- Biomarker Holds Promise for Treating Breast and Prostate Cancers
- Smoking Lowers Breast Cancer Survival Rates
- Understanding the Link Between Phthlate Exposure and Breast Cancer Risk
- Young Women with Breast Cancer Have Unique Needs
- Texts Boost Breast Cancer Screening Numbers
- Promoting Effective Communication About Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis
- Patient Leaflets Don’t Affect Interest in Mammogram Screening
- Genetic Anomalies Linked to Breast Cancer in African American Families
- FDA Approves New Drug for Patients with Advanced Breast Cancer
- Women with Atypical Hyperplasia Have a Higher Risk of Breast Cancer
All posts tagged "brain damage"
Treatment with Xenon Gas Can Reduce Brain Damage After Head Injury
According to a study using mice at Imperial College of London, treatment with xenon gas after a head injury can reduce the extent of brain damage. Scientists found that xenon, given within hours of the initial injury,...
- Posted September 16, 2014
Supplement May Block Brain Damage from Alcohol Consumption in Pregnancy
The dietary supplement CDP-choline, sold as a brain-boosting agent and under study for stroke and traumatic brain injury, may block skull and brain damage that can result from alcohol consumption early in pregnancy. Alcohol consumption in early...
- Posted May 27, 2010
Mediterranean Diet Could Reduce Risk of Brain Damage
A Mediterranean diet may help people avoid the small areas of brain damage that can lead to problems with thinking and memory. The study found that people who ate a Mediterranean-like diet were less likely to have...
- Posted February 9, 2010
Research Discovers Link Between Smoking and Brain Damage
New research suggests a direct link between smoking and brain damage. Researchers, led by Debapriya Ghosh and Dr Anirban Basu from the Indian National Brain Research Center (NBRC), have found that a compound in tobacco provokes white...
- Posted June 23, 2009