- Follow Up for Breast Cancer Patients
- Helping Breast Cancer Patients Adhere to Hormone Therapy
- Opportunities Identified that Reduce Breast Cancer Screening Patient Burden
- Certain Birth Control Pills May Increase Cancer Risk
- Writing May Help Cancer Survivors
- New Method May Allow Breast Cancer Drug to Be Given Through Skin
- Findings Raise Hope of Preventing Breast Cancer with Statins
- Avoiding a Second Biopsy for Breast Cancer Patients
- African American Women with Breast Cancer Less Likely to Have Newer, Recommended Surgical Procedure
- Diabetes Drug May Also Protect Against Breast Cancer
All posts tagged "brain damage"
Treatment with Xenon Gas Can Reduce Brain Damage After Head Injury
According to a study using mice at Imperial College of London, treatment with xenon gas after a head injury can reduce the extent of brain damage. Scientists found that xenon, given within hours of the initial injury,...
- Posted September 16, 2014
Supplement May Block Brain Damage from Alcohol Consumption in Pregnancy
The dietary supplement CDP-choline, sold as a brain-boosting agent and under study for stroke and traumatic brain injury, may block skull and brain damage that can result from alcohol consumption early in pregnancy. Alcohol consumption in early...
- Posted May 27, 2010
Mediterranean Diet Could Reduce Risk of Brain Damage
A Mediterranean diet may help people avoid the small areas of brain damage that can lead to problems with thinking and memory. The study found that people who ate a Mediterranean-like diet were less likely to have...
- Posted February 9, 2010
Research Discovers Link Between Smoking and Brain Damage
New research suggests a direct link between smoking and brain damage. Researchers, led by Debapriya Ghosh and Dr Anirban Basu from the Indian National Brain Research Center (NBRC), have found that a compound in tobacco provokes white...
- Posted June 23, 2009