- Accurately Assessing Breast Cancer Risk
- Biomarker Holds Promise for Treating Breast and Prostate Cancers
- Smoking Lowers Breast Cancer Survival Rates
- Understanding the Link Between Phthlate Exposure and Breast Cancer Risk
- Young Women with Breast Cancer Have Unique Needs
- Texts Boost Breast Cancer Screening Numbers
- Promoting Effective Communication About Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis
- Patient Leaflets Don’t Affect Interest in Mammogram Screening
- Genetic Anomalies Linked to Breast Cancer in African American Families
- FDA Approves New Drug for Patients with Advanced Breast Cancer
All posts tagged "glucose"
Research Concerning Glucose Uptake Could Help Treat Type 2 Diabetes
Research findings that can likely be used to develop a new type of medicine for type 2 diabetes were recently in the Journal of Cell Biology. Researchers at Stockholm University have discovered a new mechanism that stimulates...
- Posted November 26, 2014
Study Links Calorie Intake to Cancer Development
Researchers have discovered that restricting consumption of glucose, the most common dietary sugar, can extend the life of healthy human-lung cells and speed the death of precancerous human-lung cells, reducing cancer’s spread and growth rate. Image: 3D...
- Posted December 18, 2009
Human Brain Shifts Into Higher Gear During Exercise
Alternative energy is all the rage in major media headlines, but for the brain, this is old news. According to a study by researchers, the brain, just like muscle, works harder during strenuous exercise and is fueled...
- Posted September 30, 2008