- Follow Up for Breast Cancer Patients
- Helping Breast Cancer Patients Adhere to Hormone Therapy
- Opportunities Identified that Reduce Breast Cancer Screening Patient Burden
- Certain Birth Control Pills May Increase Cancer Risk
- Writing May Help Cancer Survivors
- New Method May Allow Breast Cancer Drug to Be Given Through Skin
- Findings Raise Hope of Preventing Breast Cancer with Statins
- Avoiding a Second Biopsy for Breast Cancer Patients
- African American Women with Breast Cancer Less Likely to Have Newer, Recommended Surgical Procedure
- Diabetes Drug May Also Protect Against Breast Cancer
All posts tagged "glucose"
Research Concerning Glucose Uptake Could Help Treat Type 2 Diabetes
Research findings that can likely be used to develop a new type of medicine for type 2 diabetes were recently in the Journal of Cell Biology. Researchers at Stockholm University have discovered a new mechanism that stimulates...
- Posted November 26, 2014
Study Links Calorie Intake to Cancer Development
Researchers have discovered that restricting consumption of glucose, the most common dietary sugar, can extend the life of healthy human-lung cells and speed the death of precancerous human-lung cells, reducing cancer’s spread and growth rate. Image: 3D...
- Posted December 18, 2009
Human Brain Shifts Into Higher Gear During Exercise
Alternative energy is all the rage in major media headlines, but for the brain, this is old news. According to a study by researchers, the brain, just like muscle, works harder during strenuous exercise and is fueled...
- Posted September 30, 2008