- Certain Birth Control Pills May Increase Cancer Risk
- Writing May Help Cancer Survivors
- New Method May Allow Breast Cancer Drug to Be Given Through Skin
- Findings Raise Hope of Preventing Breast Cancer with Statins
- Avoiding a Second Biopsy for Breast Cancer Patients
- African American Women with Breast Cancer Less Likely to Have Newer, Recommended Surgical Procedure
- Diabetes Drug May Also Protect Against Breast Cancer
- Most Women Who Have Double Mastectomy Don’t Need It
- Sleep Efficiency Increases Breast Cancer Survival Rates
- False-Positive Mammograms Lead to Willingness for Future Screening
All posts tagged "induced pluripotent stem cells"
Proteins Identified That Control Ability of Stem Cells to Give Rise to Different Cell Types
Researchers have made a key discovery in stem cell biology, identifying a group of proteins that regulates the ability of stem cells to give rise to multiple cell types. A team of Toronto-based researchers may be one...
- Posted July 9, 2013
Stem Cells Successfully Used to Treat Parkinson’s Disease in Rodents
Researchers have successfully used human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) to treat rodents afflicted with Parkinson’s disease. The research, which validates a scalable protocol that the same group had previously developed, can be used to manufacture the...
- Posted August 16, 2010
Reprogrammed Stem Cells Do Not Completely Let Go of Their Past
According to researchers, adult cells that have been reprogrammed into induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS cells) do not completely let go of their past, perhaps limiting their ability to function as a less controversial alternative to embryonic...
- Posted July 19, 2010
Stem Cell Technology Used to Better Understand Parkinson’s Disease
Researchers are applying new stem cell technology to use skin samples to grow the brain cells thought to be responsible for the onset of Parkinson’s disease. Dr Richard Wade-Martins and his team will be gathering data from...
- Posted July 14, 2010
A Step Closer in Overcoming Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Limitations
Scientists may be one step closer to being able to generate any type of cells and tissues from a patient’s own cells. Investigators describe finding that an important cluster of genes is inactivated in induced pluripotent stem...
- Posted April 26, 2010